About this Event
Add to calendar
8 S. Dunlap Street, Memphis, TN 38163
- Thursday, July 22
2:00 – 3:00 pm CDT
GEB, Room A104
Or join via Zoom: Please see the email sent July 13 for Zoom link, meeting ID, and passcode.
The search process to find a successor for Chancellor Schwab is underway and we have retained the national executive search firm WittKieffer to assist with the search. John Thornburgh, Jeff Schroetlin, and Dr. Tony Barbato, along with members of the search committee, will conduct a series of meetings with stakeholders including administrators, faculty, students, trainees, and clinical and community partners. Their goal is to become better informed about the culture, strengths and opportunities for UTHSC, and to assist in further establishing the candidate criteria for this important role.
Comments and themes will be collected and shared with President Boyd and the search committee, chaired by UT Trustee Bill Rhodes. Based on all input, we will prepare a Leadership Profile document that will represent this opportunity to the marketplace.
This is an exciting time for UTHSC, and your participation in this process will be integral to our success in identifying this new leader to build upon Dr. Schwab’s success. Thank you in advance for your participation in this important process.
As you prepare for this session, please keep the following questions in mind:
- What is the ideal candidate profile? (experience, leadership, context)
- What do you expect the new Chancellor to accomplish in the first 18 to 24 months?
- What are some of the challenges the next Chancellor will encounter?
- How do you currently view the strengths and opportunities for UTHSC?
- How can UTHSC and the next Chancellor advance the missions of education, clinical care, research, and community engagement?
- Why is this a great move for a strong candidate?
- Who would you suggest as a potentially outstanding candidate?